Customize Your Breast Augmentation
There are a great deal of women who are unhappy with the shape and size of their breasts. Many of them opt for breast augmentation so that they can feel better about themselves. Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery designed to increase the size of the breasts. It is commonly combined with a breast lift surgery to improve one’s breast shape as well. The breast size is increased using either saline or silicone implants.
The main objective of this surgical procedure is to enhance the size of a patient’s breasts if they feel as if they’re too small or feel out of place among the rest of their bodily proportions. Different women have different needs, which is why the procedure is often customized depending on the goals of each patient.
While there isn’t a typical breast augmentation procedure, many women have different goals for undergoing the procedure with larger breasts being just one of the goals. Some of the other goals that women have for breast augmentation are as follows:
- Restoring the fullness that their breasts have lost after being pregnant.
- They would like to feel more confident while wearing a swimsuit.
- They would like to achieve a more symmetrical body overall.
- They would like to enhance their self-image and confidence.
Breast Implant Choices
Modern cosmetic surgery has given breast augmentation patients many options when it comes to customizing the look of their breasts. Let’s look at the options available for women today.
- Filling type – You can get silicone gel or highly cohesive saline gummy bear implants or saline implants. None of these are better options than the others. However, they do have their differences when you examine their cost, feel, and incision requirements.
- Shape – Silicone gel and saline implants are usually round whereas gummy bear implants can be had in shaped or round choices depending on your requirements. Shaped implants give a gentle sloping look to breast profiles whereas round implants result in a fuller upper portion of your breasts aka the upper pole.
- Profile – Everyone’s profile is different and can be chosen based on input from your cosmetic surgeon. Your doctor will arrive at this decision based on your goals as well as existing proportions.
- Size – Breast implants come in a variety of sizes that range from 150cc all the way to 800cc and sometimes even go larger. Most patients need a different breast implant size for each of their breasts. This is done so that they reach the best symmetry possible. The size chosen by patients should be based on the size of your breasts currently, the goals you wish to achieve as well as input from your cosmetic surgeon.
Choosing a good cosmetic surgeon is imperative to achieving the best results possible without a high chance of complications occurring. Choose a cosmetic surgeon who is qualified as well as has plenty of experience performing the breast augmentation surgery.
Contact Our Office
Interested in learning more? Contact our office to schedule a consultation with skilled plastic surgeon Dr. Kenneth Hughes. WIth his guidance, you’ll be on your way to the beautiful breasts you’ve always wanted.