Have You Explored the Lumecca IPL Treatment?
Several types of light radiations are used to treat various skin ailments. One such procedure that uses the power of light to treat skin conditions is the Lumecca IPL treatment.
What Is the Treatment All About?
IPL or intense pulsed light is used in the procedure. IPL is focused on the treatment area with the help of a probe. The process is a microsurgery known as photothermolysis. The treatment is an effective solution for pigmentation problems, the visible signs of sun damage and aging, and skin texture collection. There are also cases of superficial vessels on the face that can be corrected using Lumecca IPL.
How Is the Procedure Different From Other Laser Treatments?
When it comes to repairing damaged facial skin, there are a large number of cosmetic procedures available to those who want to improve their look. Among them, the Lumecca IPL is one of the more popular treatments. It’s benefits include:
• The procedure can be customized to suit different skin tones and textures.
• The intensity of the pulsed light can be varied accurately by the skin care specialist. This helps to improve the efficiency of the method.
• Even severely damaged skin and pigmentation issues can be corrected thanks to the high power light technology being used.
• The treatment on the whole is quick and can be used to address a large area.
• Most conventional IPL methods might call for a lot of repetitions to obtain perfect results, but with Lumecca IPL, most cases may only require one to two treatment sessions to show results.
• The procedure is non-invasive and does not cause any discomfort. Recovery after the procedure is also almost instantaneous.
• Lumecca IPL is also useful to treat skin conditions in other parts of the body and not just the face.
After the treatment you will be able to clearly notice a reduction in sun damaged skin. You will also start to see improvements in age spots and skin pigmentation. For those who have vascular lesions, this method can work wonders.
Besides correcting skin problems, the procedure also restores the natural radiance of the skin, its complexion, and texture. It can help you reclaim the youthful looks you lost over the course of time.
What To Expect After the Lumecca IPL Treatment?
Direct exposure to sunlight should be avoided a few days before and after the procedure. No matter how the weather is, you should always remember to apply sunblock everyday for a few weeks after the procedure to add an extra layer of protection to the skin.
The treated skin will be sensitive and it may look red immediately after the procedure, but it will subside in time. For those with lesions, you can expect them to start flaking and falling off a few days after the treatment.
As long as you take good care of your skin, avoid harsh chemicals and makeup for few days after the treatment, you will be able to ensure excellent results.
Contact Our Office
Dr. Kenneth Hughes, a skilled board-certified plastic surgeon, will help you reclaim your youth with carefully implemented procedures. Contact our office to schedule a consultation where you can learn more about the IPL treatment today!