Lacking in Rear-End Volume? Consider Butt Implants
Who doesn’t want a well-round and firm buttocks that looks good in all their jeans? For a lot of women, having a rounded and full buttocks can help improve their self-image and boost their confidence.
However, as women get older, the buttocks will start to develop a saggy and unappealing appearance. If this sounds like the problem you’re facing, then you can benefit from a buttock implant surgery with Dr. Kenneth Hughes.
The Butt Implant Procedure with Dr. Kenneth Hughes
Butt implant surgery involves placing implants made of solid silicone within the patient’s gluteal muscle. Surgeons performing the procedure make an incision in the buttock crease or two incisions within the butt crease.
Next, Dr. Kenneth Hughes creates a small pocket to place the implants. Before closing the incision, the surgeon makes sure that the buttocks will look symmetrical and natural.
A butt implant surgery is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. The surgery may take 1.5-3 hours. The exact time, however, will depend on a number of factors such as the doctor’s expertise, the patient’s body structure, and the technique used.
An ideal candidate is someone who:
• Is at least 18 years of age.
• Is physically and mentally fit.
• Is facing problems in developing their gluteal muscles.
• Has enough time for recovery.
• Has a sagging buttocks due to recent weight loss.
Preparing for the Surgery
• Give up smoking at least six weeks before your surgery.
• Ask a family member or a friend to drive you to and from the doctor’s office.
• Avoid consuming alcohol before surgery.
• Get the tests recommended by your doctor done.
• Avoid taking aspirin, NSAIDs, herbal supplements, and garlic before the procedure.
• Stop using skin care products at least a couple of days before surgery.
• Include loose clothes in your hospital kit.
• Avoid eating or drinking anything on the night before surgery.
The Benefits of Undergoing a Butt Implant Surgery
• Unlike many other procedures, there is no risk of fat reabsorption.
• Patients do not need to utilize fat from donor sites.
• It’s one of two highly effective buttock augmentation methods.
• Sustainable results
Post-Operative Care After a Butt Implant Surgery
Avoid Sitting For Prolonged Periods
Many experts recommend that patients avoid sitting all together except when they’re using the restroom for at least a week after surgery as it can displace the implants. If this is not possible, try sitting in such a way that the weight falls on your thighs rather than the gluteal area.
Avoid Strenuous Activities
Though you can start performing mild, low-intensity work a few days after surgery, avoid partaking in physically demanding activities for at least six weeks after the procedure.
Steer Clear Of Alcohol And Smoking
Alcohol and smoking after surgery are not allowed.
You may be required to sleep on your stomach. To avoid straining your neck, place pillows under your abdomen and head.
Sit Properly While Driving And At Work
Though your doctor may clear you to return to work a couple of weeks after the surgery, you may experience discomfort when sitting. To address this issue, place pillows under your buttocks. Driving is not recommended at least six weeks after surgery. If, however, you need to drive for short distances, placing towels under your knees and back can help avoid discomfort.
To learn more about Dr. Kenneth Hughes, Harvard-trained, board-certified plastic surgeon in Los Angeles, please visit
To see before and after photos of Dr. Kenneth Benjamin Hughes, please visit https://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/los-angeles-before-after-photos/
Contact Our Office
Interested in surgery with Dr. Kenneth Hughes to improve the shape and size of your butt with buttock implants? Contact our office to schedule a consultation with skilled plastic surgeon Dr. Kenneth Hughes. With his help and guidance, you’ll be on your way to the full, well-rounded buttocks you desire.