Mommy Makeover Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, CA
- BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
- TUMMY TUCK
- BREAST AUGMENTATION
- LIPOSUCTION AND BRAZILIAN BUTTLIFT
- BREAST LIFT
- ARM LIFT, THIGH LIFT, AND BODY LIFT
- RISKS ASSOCIATED
- GOOD CANDIDATES
- POOR CANDIDATES
- PRE-OP & POST-OP INSTRUCTIONS
- PREPARATION FOR SURGERY
- SURGERY DAY
- FINAL RESULTS
- MANAGING SCARS
- IMPROVE SCARS
- ADDITIONAL READING
Mommy Makeover Los Angeles & Beverly Hills
The mommy makeover in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills in its most basic sense consists of breast augmentation and tummy tuck. The mommy makeover may also encompass any number of additional procedures including breast lift, liposuction, and the Brazilian buttlift. Expert mommy makeover surgeon, Dr. Kenneth Hughes, performs these combination surgeries several times a week in his fully accredited surgical center with dedicated board certified anesthesiologists. Dr. Hughes performs most of these combination procedures under general anesthesia in 4 hours or fewer. This means fewer complications and a faster recovery for his patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, all over the US, and from over 40 countries.
Dr. Kenneth Hughes, Harvard-trained board certified plastic surgeon in Los Angeles, will achieve your best mommy makeover result. Even if you have not had children, breast and body surgeries may interest you as well.
MOMMY MAKEOVER LOS ANGELES CONSISTS OF TUMMY TUCK AND BREAST AUGMENTATION
The tummy tuck can be helpful after pregnancy or after massive weight loss. The abdomen is stretched during pregnancy, both the abdominal wall (abdominal muscles and fascia) and the skin. The skin and abdominal wall do not usually return to their pre-pregnancy state. As such, a woman may have varying degrees of loose skin and a variable amount of abdominal wall laxity.
A tummy tuck addresses both the loose skin and the lax abdominal wall as to give a nice, flat youthful contour to the abdomen. The tummy tuck also creates a more youthful belly button. Dr. Kenneth Hughes will also improve the waist to hip ratio with a tummy tuck as part of the mommy makeover in Los Angeles. This is completely different from some surgeons who will make the patient look more straight up and down. The goal is to not only make the stomach flat but the make the waist look contoured.
Do not forget that tummy tuck and is very appropriate for some men as well. Some men after weight loss can get significant improvement from not only skin removal but from abdominal wall tightening as well (usually due to the visceral fat component stretching the abdominal wall from inside the abdomen).
Breast augmentation is a frequent component of the mommy makeover Los Angeles. Some women as a result of pregnancy and pregnancy related weight gains as well as engorgement from lactation and/or breast feeding suffer a loss of breast tissue and a deflated look. Breast augmentation adds fullness to the look of the breasts and improves the deflated appearance. Dr. Kenneth Hughes, board certified plastic surgeon in Los Angeles, offers breast augmentation with saline, silicone (cohesive gel), and gummy bear (highly cohesive or form stable) implants as well as fat grafting to the breast. This is the breast augmentation portion of the mommy makeover. Dr. Kenneth Hughes offers the best breast augmentation options for you for your mommy makeover in Los Angeles.
Mommy Makeover Cost Los Angeles and Beverly Hills
Breast augmentation with silicone implants and tummy tuck usually costs between $20,000 and $25,000 depending upon the level of complexity.
Additional procedures such as liposuction and Brazilian buttlift would add additional cost. Dr. Kenneth Hughes operates in both Los Angeles and Beverly Hills and costs may differ slightly based upon location.
Mommy Makeover Los Angeles Before and After Photos
Mommy Makeover Los Angeles Photo Gallery
Mommy Makeover Los Angeles Video with Dr. Kenneth Hughes
Dr. Kenneth Hughes has placed hundreds of plastic surgery education videos on you tube, and many of them have been age-restricted or removed by you tube administration. Other plastic surgeons routinely flag these videos to reduce viewership, but his talent in plastic surgery is obvious. The following video is one such video and the results are hard to deny.
BODYTITE OF THE ABDOMEN MAY BE APPROPRIATE INSTEAD OF TUMMY TUCK
While the tummy tuck is certainly effective in its removal of tissue and correcting issues of skin laxity and size, the scar produced is often objectionable to many patients. Dr. Kenneth Hughes, MD in Los Angeles has extensive experience and amazing successes with the Bodytite technology to avoid the longer scars associated with tummy tucks as well as other excisional procedures such as arm lifts, thigh lifts, butt lifts, etc. Bodytite can be used in conjunction with liposuction to tighten the tissues of the tummy or abdomen, arms or thighs or wherever by about 40%. These types of results will not be achievable by another technology or my another surgeon. Please look at the amazing Bodytite results in this link. Although Bodytite will never reproduce the excisional surgical results, optimal treatment by Dr. Kenneth Hughes in Los Angeles can come pretty close.
After four kids, I decided it was time to tighten things back up.
After four kids (who absolutely wrecked my body) I decided it was time to tighten things back up. I searched real self and found Dr. Hughes. His awesome reviews led me to schedule a consultation. He was very response and interactive with my million questions and always gave thorough answers despite my feeling like I was badgering him at times. I had several procedures done at once. A tummy tuck/partial lower body lift (similar to an extended tummy tuck), a infragluteal crease lift and he replaced my breast implants. It’s been about 5 months and everything is going great. My scars are all fading and everything looks lifted back up to the pre-babies days. The unique thing about Dr. hughes is he doesn’t just specialize in one or two procedures, he’s truly a master of all trades. I’d absolutely trust him to do work on my face as well as body. I am in need of fat transfer to my face and a few other things down the road and because I’ve developed a good doctor/patient relationship with him, and trust him, I’ll definitely be going back to him.
LIPOSUCTION and BRAZILIAN BUTTLIFT (BBL) CAN BE ADDED TO THE MOMMY MAKEOVER
In conjunction with a mommy makeover, liposuction can be used to further reduce the size of the waist and improve contour. In Los Angeles, Dr. Kenneth Hughes frequently liposuctions fat from the sides, flanks, and back at the time of the tummy tuck to produce changes in waist size of 6 to 8 inches or more. This fat can also be used to augment the hips or the buttocks as in the Brazilian buttlift. This can further improve the hourglass figure and the overall silhouette.
BREAST LIFT MAY BE NECESSARY AS WELL FOR THE BEST MOMMY MAKEOVER RESULT
Breast lift may be necessary in addition to breast augmentation to adequately treat the breasts in the mommy makeover Los Angeles. For many patients, the skin of the breasts is stretched to the point that the droopiness of the breast can only be improved by tightening the skin envelope with what is known as a breast lift. A breast lift can be utilized if the areola and/or breast has fallen below the inframammary fold. Breast surgeon Dr. Hughes employs the breast lift that has the shortest scar necessary to affect the best appearing breasts. Many times smaller lifts referred to as crescent lifts or donut lifts are wholly inappropriate to correct the droopiness of the breast and areola and should not be offered as solutions. A vertical or lollipop or circumvertical lift as well as an inverted T or anchor lift are usually much more appropriate. The shape of the breasts is the number one factor to being happy with the breasts. Boxy breasts or vertically long breasts are to be avoided and there are technical methodologies that Dr. Hughes has developed to improve the shape of the breasts, lift them, and make them look ROUND. The breast lift is necessary in many mommy makeovers for the best overall look for the breasts.
ARM LIFT, THIGH LIFT, AND BODY LIFT CAN BE CONSIDERED AS WELL
Dr. Kenneth Hughes can perform any number of procedures at once to address loose skin on the arms or thighs or face or neck. Dr. Hughes performs body lifts, arm lifts, thigh lifts, inferior butt lifts, and more. The point is that everyone needs or wants something slightly or greatly different. Dr. Hughes performs the full gamut or array of cutting edge plastic surgical procedures, minimally invasive procedures including Bodytite and Facetite, and noninvasive procedures including Fractora and Votiva.
Combining breast procedures with body procedures as in that for a mommy makeover can produce amazing transformations in body contour and self esteem. Patients are metamorphosed, and they really tend to have a much better outlook on life with their rejuvenated appearance. Dr. Hughes, as a plastic surgeon in Los Angeles, very much enjoys this aspect of his profession, and he hopes to share in your happiness.
Risks, Limitations, Good and Bad Candidates for Mommy Makeover in Los Angeles
Risks Associated with Mommy Makeover
- seroma (fluid collection, which typically must be drained with a needle and syringe)
- dehiscence (breakdown of the wound)
- skin necrosis (death of part of the skin)
- umbilical loss (death of the belly button)
- nerve injury
- hypertrophic scar or keloid (typically more common in darker skin individuals or in people predisposed to this, usually runs in families, although the etiology is mutifactorial)
- slow healing (particularly in poor nutrition, diabetics, or in steroids)
Limitations in Mommy Makeover
Patients must clearly understand that because of bone structure, intra-abdominal fat, or existing scars, there are limitations to the results that can be achieved. Dr. Hughes will demonstrate which striae will be excised and which will remain (those above the belly button frequently remain).
Good Candidates for Mommy Makeover Los Angeles
- Close to his or her ideal body weight (within 20%)
- Wishes to address lax abdominal tissue that is diet and exercise resistant
- Stable weight for at least 6 months
- Good skin tone and elasticity
- Realistic expectations
Poor Candidates for Mommy Makeover Los Angeles
- Significant comorbid disease
- Morbid obesity
- Unwillingness to stop smoking
- Unrealistic expectations
- Plans for future pregnancy (relative contraindication)
- Upper abdominal transverse scars (relative contraindication)
Mommy Makeover Los Angeles: Preparation for Surgery
If you are in good general health and all medical conditions have been managed, adequate protein intake as well as a multivitamin can be useful. You should not be taking supplements or additional vitamins or minerals unless you need them. Some doctors recommend arnica and bromelain, though the evidence is not as strong as for other medications.
Mommy Makeover: Your Surgery Day with Dr. Hughes
On the day of surgery, you will arrive to the surgery center approximately one hour prior to the beginning of the surgery. The paperwork and consents will be finalized as well as additional questions answered. Vital signs will be obtained as well as additional history and physical information obtained by the nurse and anesthesiologist. The anesthesiologist will meet with you to explain the anesthesia process and answer any concerns about anesthesia. The patient will meet with Dr. Hughes again to reiterate the surgical plan and to answer any additional questions or concerns.
The patient will be taken into the operating room and administered relaxing medication and be ushered off to sleep. The mommy makeover surgery itself will take from 2 to 5 hours to perform (depending upon the specific procedures to be performed), and the patient will be transferred to the recovery room upon completion. The patient will remain in recovery for 1 to 2 hours before departing from the surgery center with a responsible adult.
RECOVERY FROM THE MOMMY MAKEOVER LOS ANGELES
Many patients want to know about the recovery after their mommy makeover procedures. In most cases, patients can return to work in 2 weeks or less. Patients should not perform exercise or lift anything greater than 5 to 10 lbs for about 6 weeks. Patients should wear the compression garment for the first 6 weeks and avoid getting water or sweat into any of the incisions until the incisions are completely healed.
The main limitations and sleeping positions are dependent upon the particular procedures that the patient undergoes in the mommy makeover. Patients can have procedures done on the abdomen and back side and still recover, so do not be fooled by others who say the recovery is impossible. Dr. Hughes can assure you that the recovery is very possible and he has performed these combinations hundreds of times in his surgery center in Los Angeles (serving Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Playa Vista, Culver City and Marina del Rey as well).
Dr. Kenneth Benjamin Hughes, MD will go over all of the recovery issues in a very specific fashion based upon the procedures performed. It is imperative that you follow the expert recommendations in a very precise way to assure the best possible recovery and result.
FINAL RESULTS OF MOMMY MAKEOVER Los Angeles and Beverly Hills
The final results of the mommy makeover depend upon how quickly the swelling resolves and the scars heal. The swelling may take 6 months or more to resolve depending upon the types of procedures performed and individual healing characteristics. The scar maturation process may take up to 12 to 18 months before scars reach the best appearance. In fact, scars tend to get better with even more time than 18 months.
Managing Scars from Mommy Makeover
In general, scarring is a product of genetics. Some people are good scar formers and others are poor scar formers. Dr. Hughes always minimizes the scars to minimize the likelihood of poor scars. There is no one best therapy for scars. Silicone sheets, Mederma, and Biocorneum are reasonable and popular options. Dr. Hughes recommends that the scar therapy begin after the scars have healed and there are no open areas, which usually takes 4 to 6 weeks.
What Can Be Done to Improve Scars?
Steroid injections, re-excision and steroid injections, and radiation after re-excision have been tried along with dozens of other measures. Radiation reduces recurrence most effectively but is not practical in most situations. Dr. Hughes has a lot of experience providing care to patients with darker skin colors and is a published author on the subject in Scars and Scar Revision in Reoperative Plastic Surgery.
Fractora is a new technology that allows for improvement in scarring even for patients with darker skin that was unavailable up until a short while ago. This can be done as a short outpatient procedure and has several advantages over lasers and other proposed scar reducing technologies.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION FOR MOMMY MAKEOVER IN LOS ANGELES
Contact the office of Dr. Kenneth Hughes to schedule your consultation for a mommy makeover in Los Angeles. We will be happy to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Mommy Makeover Los Angeles Pre-operative and Post-operative Instructions
- No eating or drinking 8hrs prior to your procedure (including water), meaning your last meal should be the night before. You may take blood pressure pill with a sip of water in the morning.
- No lotion. No Make Up.
- No long acrylic nails.
- No eyelash extensions.
- No jewelry and piercings. Please take out all piercings prior to coming to the surgery center. We prefer you keep them at home.
- Make sure you fill your prescriptions and bring your medications with you the day of your procedure.
- Make sure you have someone who can pick you up after your procedure.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing. Pjs or bathrobe. Button down top if possible. Slippers/sandals. No jeans nor leggings.
- No contact lenses.
- Hearing aids if any will need to be removed.
- Remove any dentures or partial plates in mouth.
- 100g of protein per day. There is a protein shake called Premier Protein. Dr. Hughes himself takes these shakes. Each bottle has 30g of protein and only 1g of sugar. They come in various flavors. Drink at least 3 of those a day to make up for the 100g needed. You can find these shakes at Costco, CVS or Target.
- No long walks. Walk every 1-2hrs for 5-10 mins to keep your circulation going. This is to reduce the chances of developing a blood clot.
- Do not lift over 5lbs.
- The main concerns in the postoperative period are the development of a fluid collection or an incision separation. Take it easy.
- No Smoking.
- Do not engage in any sexual activity for 6 weeks.
- No massages, that includes lymphatic massages.
- Strip your drain every 1 to 2hrs. Start stripping right at the beginning of drain, next to the incision.
- Feel free to reach us at 310-275-4170 for further questions.
- You will have an abdominal binder over your abdominal dressings. Change dressings as needed. YOU SHOULD WEAR THE BINDER 24-7 FOR 6 WEEKS, ONLY REMOVE FOR SPONGE BATHING.
- It is normal to have numbness over the surgical sites for several weeks or months.
- Do not use a heating pad or ice around the surgical sites. It could cause a burn.
- You may place new dressings if they become saturated and put on the same garment as instructed, making sure to have the garment covering the pubic area.
- When the drainage has stopped, you may replace the dressings with a cotton T-shirt and place the garment other the T-shirt as previously instructed.
- Hughes will advise you about showering. It is essential that NO fluid get into any of your incisions as the bacteria on your skin can migrate into the areas and cause an infection. Dr. Hughes recommends cleansing the skin around the incisions (sponge baths, bird baths) for at least the first 2 weeks. Also, patients should be in air-conditioned dwellings so that patients are not sweating either (for similar reasons). Keep incisions DRY at all times.
- Take your antibiotic until it is completed.
- If the pain medication is a narcotic it should be taken as prescribed. Do not take any Tylenol while on pain medication. The medication we prescribe may already have Tylenol in it.
- Do not drink alcohol or drive a car while taking pain medication.
- The pain medication may cause nausea and should be taken with food or protein shake at each dose.
- You may resume your regular medication after your surgery except for Vitamin E, Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), Fish oil and Aspirin (wait at least 2 weeks post-op).
- If you take aspirin or coumadin check with the doctor to see when you may resume them.
ADDITIONAL MEDICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not smoke 1 week before surgery date. If you need help, ask Dr. Hughes. Do not take Zyban or Nicotine Patches in the week before surgery. Pre-Post op smoking can cause serious and life threatening complications.
- Stop all sources of Vitamin E, (e.g Vitamin E pills. Multivitamins, Slim Fat Ensure Plus. Natural or health preparations (e.g. bee’s pollen, etc.) 1 week before surgery.
- Stop all weight medications 2 weeks before surgery (e.g. Xenical, Phenteramine etc.) These can cause serious complications.
- Stop all sources of aspirin or other pain medicine or cold preparations 10 days before surgery. Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen, and Pepto-Bismol all contain agents that will thin your blood and cause serious surgical complications.
- Stop al alcohol for 1 week before and two weeks after Alcohol can cause postoperative complications (e.g. bleeding, infection).
- Stop taking birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy or hormone therapy of any sort 1 month before surgery to reduce the risks of blood clots.
Browse Dr. Kenneth Hughes Mommy Makeover Los Angeles Articles
Abdominal Wall Anatomy and Physical Exam in the Tummy Tuck Patient
Physical Exam in the Tummy Tuck Patient
Risks, Limitations, Good and Bad Candidates for Tummy Tuck
Subgroups of Tummy Tuck Patients
Operative Details and Safety in the Tummy Tuck
Mini Tummy Tuck, Short Scar, and Standard Tummy Tucks
Postoperative Management and Complications in Tummy Tuck
Dr. Kenneth Hughes – Published Expert on Scars and Scarring :