Brow Lift Los Angeles, CA
What Is a Brow Lift and Who Needs One?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical maneuver to bring the position of the eyebrows up to a more youthful level. It also addresses sagging forehead skin to smooth away wrinkles. Anyone who has a drooping brow or frustrating age lines can benefit from a brow lift.
A brow lift also tends to improve the youthfulness of the eyelids, particularly the lateral hooding that is difficult to correct with upper and lower-eyelid surgery alone.
A brow lift is simple a surgical maneuver to bring the position of the brows up to a more youthful level.
Dr. Hughes performs the full spectrum of forehead lift techniques. The coronal browlift, the endoscopic brow lift, the temporal brow lift, the direct brow lift, and the internal brow pexy all have unique benefits for the right patient.
Dr. Hughes will help you choose the one that is right for you during your consultation.
- The coronal browlift perhaps provides the greatest longevity for maintaining brow position. At the start, a single long incision is made behind the hairline. Thus, though it does create a greater scar burden, the scar is well-hidden. Although alopecia (hair loss) can occur at the scar, this hair loss is technique and surgeon dependent, and Dr. Hughes has not noticed this in his patients.
- The endoscopic brow lift involves three small incisions, usually within the hairline. An endoscope (a small tool with a camera and a light) is inserted in order to offer Dr. Hughes greater visibility. The images appear on an external monitor. No skin is removed during this procedure, but muscles are tightened in the region. The brows are anchored at their new position to the underlying bone.
- The temporal brow lift works well for lateral hooding of the brow, but it does not raise the entire brow, and the glabella musculature and forehead wrinkles cannot be addressed through this maneuver. The incision is hidden within the hairline as well and is only a few centimeters.
- The direct brow lift can be used in a patient with very deep forehead wrinkles. Incisions are made right above the eyebrows. A small amount of tissue is removed, and the brows are raised.
- An internal brow pexy can be performed at the same time as an upper-eyelid surgery without creating a visible scar but can only elevate the brow by about 2 mm. It has probably the least longevity of the methods mentioned above. However, 2 mm may be the right amount of lift in a lot of patients, and the internal brow pexy can be used to correct brow asymmetry as well.
What is the Cost of Browlift
- $7000 to $9500 depending upon type of brow lift and level of complexity
Please note that pricing for Browlift may vary based on the individual needs of the patient.
The Brow Lift Recovery Process
Once your brow lift is complete, you will be able to return home to rest and heal. During your recovery process, a degree of swelling and bruising will be present in the surgical area. Ice packs and cold compresses can help reduce these.
Take time off from work, and avoid heavy sun exposure and strenuous activities for a time. This will ensure that your healing tissues are not damaged. After the bruising and swelling have disappeared, you will be able to enjoy a rejuvenated forehead and brow.